Inland Empire News
Public's help sought in locating missing SB mentally-disabled man
SAN BERNARDINO (KABC) -- San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a missing 19-year-old man who suffers from a diminished mental capacity.
Jonathon Allen Norton, 19, was last seen Saturday around 9 a.m. leaving his Yucca Valley residence.
Norton suffers from a diminished mental capacity and has the approximate functional capabilities of a twelve-year-old boy.
His family is concerned about his well being and suspects he may have walked to the Yucca Valley Library. Norton regularly stays at the library throughout the day and returns home late in the afternoon.
He is also known to frequent the Yucca Valley Community Center, Joshua Springs Church, and the Joshua Tree Memorial Park.
Norton is approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighs around 170 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a white checkered jacket and blue jeans.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts was urged to call the Morongo Basin Sheriff's Station at (760) 366-4175 or dispatch at (760) 365-2364.
san bernardino county, missing person, inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 30 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis