Inland Empire News
Public's help sought in locating missing SB mentally-disabled man
SAN BERNARDINO (KABC) -- San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a missing 19-year-old man who suffers from a diminished mental capacity.
Jonathon Allen Norton, 19, was last seen Saturday around 9 a.m. leaving his Yucca Valley residence.
Norton suffers from a diminished mental capacity and has the approximate functional capabilities of a twelve-year-old boy.
His family is concerned about his well being and suspects he may have walked to the Yucca Valley Library. Norton regularly stays at the library throughout the day and returns home late in the afternoon.
He is also known to frequent the Yucca Valley Community Center, Joshua Springs Church, and the Joshua Tree Memorial Park.
Norton is approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighs around 170 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a white checkered jacket and blue jeans.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts was urged to call the Morongo Basin Sheriff's Station at (760) 366-4175 or dispatch at (760) 365-2364.
san bernardino county, missing person, inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 5 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 9 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found 5 min ago
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game 52 min ago
- Honda tops IIHS list of safest new cars
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 1 min ago
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis