Inland Empire News
Riverside police officer fires at suspect stealing police car
Riverside Police were searching for a suspect who stole a police cruiser before crashing it and fleeing.
A Riverside officer attempted to perform a traffic stop on a vehicle driving erratically north on Pine Street at 12:39 a.m. Sunday near Houghton Avenue.
The vehicle then drove onto a sidewalk on Houghton and stopped in bushes. The driver fled the vehicle north on foot through residential properties. The officer chased after the suspect.
The suspect returned to the scene of the stop and entered the police vehicle. The officer fired at the suspect as he drove off in the police car.
The suspect drove north into the Jurupa Valley area and lost control of the vehicle, crashing into several objects, according to police. An extensive search was launched but the suspect was not located.
The suspect was described as a white or Hispanic man in his early 20s, standing 5 feet 8 inches to 6 feet tall, with a medium build, and short spiky black hair.
No one was injured in the incident. Anyone with information pertaining to this incident is asked to contact Detective Dave Smith at (951) 353-7103 or Detective Greg Rowe at (951) 353-7136.
officer-involved shooting, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 42 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months