Inland Empire News
80-year-old woman, dog stabbed in Riverside; female suspect sought
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Kim Lyman snuggled up to his family's dog, Gunner, Monday after a violent encounter with a bizarre suspect who broke into their Riverside home, stabbed Gunner and then went on to brutally attack an elderly neighbor.
"He had blood in his left lung, so she really stuck it to him," said Lyman.
The violence broke at the Meadows Mobile Home Park. Neighbors said Gunner's barking and sudden painful cry for help woke them at 4:30 a.m.
On their couch, the Lymans found a woman wearing a white hard hat and surgical gloves. There was a knife by her feet. They said she told them crazy stories about people trying to kill her. After finally getting her out of their home, they made the startling discovery.
"When I went back in the house, he had Gunner and we saw that he had been stabbed. We were scared and ticked off," said Suzy Lyman.
Police said the suspect then broke into a neighbor's home, and savagely beat and stabbed an 80-year-old woman. Neighbors heard the woman crying for help. The suspect fled in the woman's white 1995 Toyota Camry with the California license plate DPL2518.
As detectives continue their hunt for the suspect, the Lymans are counting their blessings.
"It's terrifying because we kept thinking, what would have happened to us?" said Suzy Lyman.
Gunner is expected to make a full recovery. The 80-year-old woman remained hospitalized in serious but stable condition Monday night.
Authorities said they believe that the suspect went to the mobile home park because she is related to someone who lives there.
home invasion, riverside county, stabbing, animal news, inland empire news, leanne suter
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break