Inland Empire News
Pendleton Marine dies while skydiving in Perris
PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Marine from Camp Pendleton has died while skydiving in Perris, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
The accident was reported at 3 p.m. at 2000 Goetz Road near Perris Valley Airport. The male victim was declared dead at the scene, and a U.S. flag was draped over the body.
The sheriff's department said the Marine was doing active duty training. The Marine's name has not been released.
The cause of the accident has not been determined.
DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as they become available.
riverside county, accident, u.s. military, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 1 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video