Inland Empire News
Pendleton Marine dies while skydiving in Perris
PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Marine from Camp Pendleton has died while skydiving in Perris, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
The accident was reported at 3 p.m. at 2000 Goetz Road near Perris Valley Airport. The male victim was declared dead at the scene, and a U.S. flag was draped over the body.
The sheriff's department said the Marine was doing active duty training. The Marine's name has not been released.
The cause of the accident has not been determined.
DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as they become available.
riverside county, accident, u.s. military, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event