Inland Empire News
Parolee arrested after stolen-vehicle pursuit
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Riverside Police arrested a parolee suspected of stealing an SUV Tuesday at the end of a pursuit.
An SUV was reported stolen in Moreno Valley. Riverside County Sheriff's deputies located the vehicle and began pursuing it.
The SUV drove into the city of Riverside, at which point Riverside Police officers took over the chase.
The SUV tried to evade pursuing officers on side streets. A spike strip was deployed, taking out one tire on the right side of the vehicle. That eventually brought the vehicle to a stop.
Police units lined up behind the vehicle and a K-9 dog was prepared. After a short pause, the driver surrendered to police. Two passengers were also in the vehicle. The driver was arrested and the passengers were detained.
The incident was under investigation.
pursuit, car chase, arrest, inland empire news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 15 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 27 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting
- Actor Chris Pine pleads guilty to DUI 28 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dies at 64
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14