Inland Empire News
Outrage over Victor Valley High boxing match
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- A video apparently taken inside a classroom at Victor Valley High School shows two students in a boxing match. Parents have expressed outrage at the lack of adult supervision.
The two students, who were wearing boxing gloves, were cheered on by other students who gathered to watch.
School district officials don't think it was a spontaneous fight, but rather a planned event. It said the students in the video are all on the junior varsity baseball team.
It is believed that the fight took place as the coach was outside setting up the playing field. The students were supposed to be changing into their uniforms.
Superintendent Elvin Momon says the video was taken sometime in late November or early December. But he says it was never brought to the attention of administrators, until after it was sent out to the media. He said the coach was not aware.
The district isn't saying what if any disciplinary action will be taken. The superintendent says he's looking into what procedures might need to be changed to make sure this doesn't happen again.
caught on tape, fight, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 34 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 3 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack 6 min ago
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries 13 min ago
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Woman's remains found at OC wilderness park
16 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
49 min ago
- Crime Stoppers director swallows evidence
52 min ago