Inland Empire News
Barstow Unified School District votes to shut 2 schools
BARSTOW, Calif. (KABC) -- The Barstow Unified School District voted to close down Hinkley's only school as well as another school in Barstow.
The vote came through Tuesday night during a board meeting. In addition to Hinkley Elementary/Middle School, the board also voted to close Thompson Elementary in Barstow, citing declining enrollment and saying the state isn't paying the district all it is owed.
Officials say closing the two elementary schools would save the district between $300,000 and $600,000 per school.
school, inland empire news
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised