Inland Empire News
Barstow Unified School District votes to shut 2 schools
BARSTOW, Calif. (KABC) -- The Barstow Unified School District voted to close down Hinkley's only school as well as another school in Barstow.
The vote came through Tuesday night during a board meeting. In addition to Hinkley Elementary/Middle School, the board also voted to close Thompson Elementary in Barstow, citing declining enrollment and saying the state isn't paying the district all it is owed.
Officials say closing the two elementary schools would save the district between $300,000 and $600,000 per school.
school, inland empire news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 44 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student 5 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap 48 min ago
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)