Inland Empire News
Woman's body dumped in Redlands orange groves
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in Redlands after a woman's body was found dumped in some orange groves Tuesday night.
The victim was identified as 23-year-old Marie Flores of Perris.
Authorities say the gruesome discovery was made near Alabama Street, just south of Almond Avenue, at about 6:30 p.m. A woman said she was on her usual walk along the orange groves when she found the body.
"I poked around a little bit with a branch ... I even called out ma'am," said Sharon Polich of Redlands. "It wasn't moving or nothing, so that's why I called 911."
At the time, she says she didn't know if the woman was dead or alive.
Police are only saying that the body was dumped, but they're not entirely sure that the murder happened somewhere else. A piece of plastic covered the body, but it was unclear if authorities found the body that way, or if they placed the plastic over the body.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Redlands Police Department at (909) 798-7580.
san bernardino county, body found, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 7 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 26 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead 34 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis