Inland Empire News
Woman's body dumped in Redlands orange groves
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in Redlands after a woman's body was found dumped in some orange groves Tuesday night.
The victim was identified as 23-year-old Marie Flores of Perris.
Authorities say the gruesome discovery was made near Alabama Street, just south of Almond Avenue, at about 6:30 p.m. A woman said she was on her usual walk along the orange groves when she found the body.
"I poked around a little bit with a branch ... I even called out ma'am," said Sharon Polich of Redlands. "It wasn't moving or nothing, so that's why I called 911."
At the time, she says she didn't know if the woman was dead or alive.
Police are only saying that the body was dumped, but they're not entirely sure that the murder happened somewhere else. A piece of plastic covered the body, but it was unclear if authorities found the body that way, or if they placed the plastic over the body.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Redlands Police Department at (909) 798-7580.
san bernardino county, body found, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months