Inland Empire News
Cal Fire San Bernardino unit chief Timothy McClelland charged in fatal crash
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- The chief of Cal Fire's San Bernardino unit faces a vehicular manslaughter charge stemming from a deadly crash last summer.
Prosecutors say Timothy McClelland was driving a Cal Fire pickup truck when he rear-ended 48-year-old Gregory Kirwin, of Banning, on Aug. 1. Kirwin died in that crash.
Upon impact, Kirwin's Ford Focus rear-ended a Chevy Impala. The driver of that vehicle suffered minor injuries.
McClelland is on active duty, working on administrative projects in a different Cal Fire office. He's due in court in April for arraignment.
san bernardino county, car crash, inland empire news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat 50 min ago
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace' 15 min ago
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate