Inland Empire News
Cal Fire San Bernardino unit chief Timothy McClelland charged in fatal crash
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- The chief of Cal Fire's San Bernardino unit faces a vehicular manslaughter charge stemming from a deadly crash last summer.
Prosecutors say Timothy McClelland was driving a Cal Fire pickup truck when he rear-ended 48-year-old Gregory Kirwin, of Banning, on Aug. 1. Kirwin died in that crash.
Upon impact, Kirwin's Ford Focus rear-ended a Chevy Impala. The driver of that vehicle suffered minor injuries.
McClelland is on active duty, working on administrative projects in a different Cal Fire office. He's due in court in April for arraignment.
san bernardino county, car crash, inland empire news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 24 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 46 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- New technology monitors pet fitness
9 min ago