Inland Empire News
Riverside stolen car case leads to identity fraud arrests
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A stolen car investigation in Jurupa Valley resulted in seven arrests involving identity theft in Riverside.
Deputies responded to a report of a stolen vehicle in the 3700 block of Pyrite Street in Jurupa Valley shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday. Authorities said two males and two females were trying to sell a car, which was reported stolen from Riverside.
During their investigation, deputies learned that the four suspects were on probation and staying at a motel in the 1600 block of University Avenue, where two males and another female were staying with them.
Officials searched the motel room and found stolen checks, social security numbers, registration paperwork and personal identifying information from several suspected victims of identity theft. Deputies also discovered drug paraphernalia and a small amount of methamphetamine.
All seven individuals were arrested. They were identified as Ryan Cole, 46; Teresa Saude, 31; Stephanie Viescas, 23; Marquita Sweeney, 23; Lawrence Powell, 36; Kenneth Allen, 29; and Jermaine Wells, 29. All were from Riverside, except Wells, who is from Moreno Valley.
riverside county, arrest, inland empire news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 21 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds