Inland Empire News
Riverside stolen car case leads to identity fraud arrests
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A stolen car investigation in Jurupa Valley resulted in seven arrests involving identity theft in Riverside.
Deputies responded to a report of a stolen vehicle in the 3700 block of Pyrite Street in Jurupa Valley shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday. Authorities said two males and two females were trying to sell a car, which was reported stolen from Riverside.
During their investigation, deputies learned that the four suspects were on probation and staying at a motel in the 1600 block of University Avenue, where two males and another female were staying with them.
Officials searched the motel room and found stolen checks, social security numbers, registration paperwork and personal identifying information from several suspected victims of identity theft. Deputies also discovered drug paraphernalia and a small amount of methamphetamine.
All seven individuals were arrested. They were identified as Ryan Cole, 46; Teresa Saude, 31; Stephanie Viescas, 23; Marquita Sweeney, 23; Lawrence Powell, 36; Kenneth Allen, 29; and Jermaine Wells, 29. All were from Riverside, except Wells, who is from Moreno Valley.
riverside county, arrest, inland empire news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 51 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 27 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants