Inland Empire News
Riverside stolen car case leads to identity fraud arrests
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A stolen car investigation in Jurupa Valley resulted in seven arrests involving identity theft in Riverside.
Deputies responded to a report of a stolen vehicle in the 3700 block of Pyrite Street in Jurupa Valley shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday. Authorities said two males and two females were trying to sell a car, which was reported stolen from Riverside.
During their investigation, deputies learned that the four suspects were on probation and staying at a motel in the 1600 block of University Avenue, where two males and another female were staying with them.
Officials searched the motel room and found stolen checks, social security numbers, registration paperwork and personal identifying information from several suspected victims of identity theft. Deputies also discovered drug paraphernalia and a small amount of methamphetamine.
All seven individuals were arrested. They were identified as Ryan Cole, 46; Teresa Saude, 31; Stephanie Viescas, 23; Marquita Sweeney, 23; Lawrence Powell, 36; Kenneth Allen, 29; and Jermaine Wells, 29. All were from Riverside, except Wells, who is from Moreno Valley.
riverside county, arrest, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 36 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 20 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour