Inland Empire News
Yucaipa deputy shootout suspect found dead
YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- The man who allegedly got into a shootout with a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy has been found dead.
Brian David Forrett, 52, of Riverside was wanted in the attempted murder of a sheriff's deputy.
According to authorities, the deputy was answering a call at a home in Yucaipa Friday morning when authorities say Forrett immediately became uncooperative and allegedly opened fire. The deputy took cover and returned fire.
The deputy was not injured and it was unknown if Forrett had sustained any injuries. The suspect had initially got away after ramming his vehicle into the deputy's patrol car.
Authorities had been on the lookout for the suspect's vehicle, described as a white Buick with California license number 6SHF401, Friday morning. The car had suffered significant damage to the rear and reportedly had a shattered windshield.
The California Highway Patrol canceled the search Saturday afternoon, alerting authorities that the suspect had been found dead. No other information regarding the suspect was released.
san bernardino county, deputy-involved shooting, inland empire news
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Easy moves to keep hips strong and healthy
11 min ago