Inland Empire News
San Bernardino approves salary increases for police, firefighters
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Despite the city's financial troubles, San Bernardino has approved nearly $1 million in salary increases for police officers and firefighters.
The raises approved Monday are required by the city's charter. The voting process was merely symbolic.
Supporters say the pay increases keep quality employees in the city. Those opposed to the raises fear they could put further financial strain on a city that's already struggling through bankruptcy court.
san bernardino county, budget, inland empire news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 56 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 27 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 59 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 25 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 15 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks