Inland Empire News
San Bernardino approves salary increases for police, firefighters
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Despite the city's financial troubles, San Bernardino has approved nearly $1 million in salary increases for police officers and firefighters.
The raises approved Monday are required by the city's charter. The voting process was merely symbolic.
Supporters say the pay increases keep quality employees in the city. Those opposed to the raises fear they could put further financial strain on a city that's already struggling through bankruptcy court.
san bernardino county, budget, inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 29 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 17 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal 35 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis