Inland Empire News
San Bernardino approves salary increases for police, firefighters
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Despite the city's financial troubles, San Bernardino has approved nearly $1 million in salary increases for police officers and firefighters.
The raises approved Monday are required by the city's charter. The voting process was merely symbolic.
Supporters say the pay increases keep quality employees in the city. Those opposed to the raises fear they could put further financial strain on a city that's already struggling through bankruptcy court.
san bernardino county, budget, inland empire news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student 25 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)