Inland Empire News
Big Bear Lake infant in coma; dad arrested
BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (KABC) -- A young father was arrested on suspicion of child abuse in Big Bear Lake after his 10-week-old daughter was taken to a hospital.
Cesar Pedroza, 21, was booked at Central Detention Center Monday for assault on a child causing coma.
Investigators said Pedroza was taking care of his three children, ages 4, 2 and 10 weeks, on Saturday when he called 911 to report that while he was feeding his baby some formula, she stopped breathing.
Deputies responded to the 41200 block of Lahontan Drive. The young victim was taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where doctors discovered that she had extensive brain trauma, which was suspected of being caused by abuse.
Authorities conducted an investigation and subsequently arrested the father. His bail was set at $500,000.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation was asked to contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Crimes Against Children Division at (909)387-3615.
inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 51 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 58 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 18 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere