Inland Empire News
Girl Scout cookie money theft: Man pleads not guilty
PHELAN, Calif. (KABC) -- The man accused of stealing hundreds of dollars from a Girl Scout cookie stand in Phelan appeared in court Wednesday.
Colin Sawyer, 20, was arraigned in a Victorville courtroom. He pleaded not guilty to the charges and is scheduled to return to court on March 14.
Police said Sawyer made off with $500 last Sunday just as the girls were cleaning up their stand outside a Stater Bros. store.
One girl chased after him, but fell and scraped her knee. Sawyer was arrested Monday night at a gas station.
san bernardino county, robbery, inland empire news
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 44 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 40 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 10 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
22 min ago