Inland Empire News
Girl Scout cookie money theft: Man pleads not guilty
PHELAN, Calif. (KABC) -- The man accused of stealing hundreds of dollars from a Girl Scout cookie stand in Phelan appeared in court Wednesday.
Colin Sawyer, 20, was arraigned in a Victorville courtroom. He pleaded not guilty to the charges and is scheduled to return to court on March 14.
Police said Sawyer made off with $500 last Sunday just as the girls were cleaning up their stand outside a Stater Bros. store.
One girl chased after him, but fell and scraped her knee. Sawyer was arrested Monday night at a gas station.
san bernardino county, robbery, inland empire news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds