Inland Empire News
Tuberculosis case confirmed at Palm Desert college
PALM DESERT, Calif. (KABC) -- Another local college is reporting a case of tuberculosis.
College of the Desert in Palm Desert says the unidentified person has not been on campus since last week and is expected to recover.
It is now working with the health department to identify students and staff who had close contact with that individual. Those people will receive a letter advising that they be tested.
Last week, Barstow Community College revealed a student was diagnosed with TB in February.
health, school, riverside county, inland empire news
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'