Inland Empire News
Tuberculosis case confirmed at Palm Desert college
PALM DESERT, Calif. (KABC) -- Another local college is reporting a case of tuberculosis.
College of the Desert in Palm Desert says the unidentified person has not been on campus since last week and is expected to recover.
It is now working with the health department to identify students and staff who had close contact with that individual. Those people will receive a letter advising that they be tested.
Last week, Barstow Community College revealed a student was diagnosed with TB in February.
health, school, riverside county, inland empire news
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program 22 min ago
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 52 min ago
- Protestors commemorate Armenian Genocide 7 min ago
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed