Inland Empire News
Chino pursuit ends after police fatally shoot suspect
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A pursuit involving Chino police and a wanted fugitive ended in a fatal officer-involved shooting after the suspect attempted to assault deputies Saturday.
Police began pursuing the suspect through Chino Hills at approximately 5 a.m. According to authorities, the suspect rammed vehicles belonging to citizens and a Sheriff's patrol unit during his attempt to flee.
The suspect led Chino Hills sheriffs and Chino police officers on a chase that reached speeds of up to 90 miles per hour along surface streets and three different freeways.
The car pursuit ended on the southbound 15 Freeway where the suspect lost control of his vehicle on the west side of the freeway, exited his car and led police on a short foot pursuit.
That's when authorities say the suspect entered a running semi truck and attempted to assault deputies with the vehicle. An officer-involved shooting ensued.
The suspect, whose name was not released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is unknown if the suspect was armed.
The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Division is investigating the shooting.
officer-involved shooting, car chase, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 14 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 56 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
21 min ago