Inland Empire News
5-year-old girl pinned under bus outside Moreno Valley school
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A 5-year-old girl is recovering in the hospital after she was struck and pinned under a school bus at a Moreno Valley elementary school Monday.
The accident occurred on the 11900 block of Athens Drive around 2:25 p.m.
Investigators say the bus was parked at Box Springs Elementary when it rolled backwards, struck the girl and pinned her under the wheels.
The victim was standing on the sidewalk and waiting for a ride home when the bus hit her.
The underage victim was rushed to the hospital for surgery. Her injuries aren't considered life-threatening.
The driver said she was activating a wheelchair lift at the back of the bus when it started rolling.
The California Highway Patrol is handling the ongoing investigation.
A crisis team was brought to the school campus Tuesday to help students cope with the accident.
CNS contributed to this report.
car crash, school, riverside county, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect found after escaping from police 2 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
39 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
34 min ago