Inland Empire News
Body identified as missing woman Lorna Lopez
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman who was found dead in a field in Chino was identified Tuesday as missing woman Lorna Lopez.
The San Bernardino County Coroner's Office positively identified the woman as missing Fontana woman Lorna Geraldine Lopez.
Lopez, 40, went missing on March 13. Her body was found on March 14 on a farm on the 17000 block of Cucamonga Avenue.
Officials say Lopez's estranged husband, Victor Lopez, led them to her body last week.
Victor Lopez has been charged with her murder. Authorities arrested his nephew, Joseph Rodriguez, as an accessory to murder.
Victor Lopez was arrested and charged when he turned himself in Thursday. His parents told investigators that their son had seen reports about himself on TV and wanted to surrender to authorities.
If you have information about the case, contact the Fontana Police Department at (909) 350-7700.
san bernardino county, missing person, homicide investigation, murder, inland empire news
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report