Inland Empire News
Riverside high school girls targeted by predator promising modeling work
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for a man who has been trying to lure high school girls by promising them modeling work.
Riverside police released a sketch of the man, who is described as Hispanic, 20-30 years old and has been seen driving a Toyota Tacoma pickup truck.
Riverside police say he has approached girls three different times outside Riverside Poly and Raincross high schools.
So far, all the girls have escaped.
"None of the females who were approached were actually assaulted by the suspect or brought into the vehicle. They were able to get away," said Officer Bryan Galbreath with Riverside police. "The suspect was attempting to lure them into his vehicle under the guise of providing some kind of modeling job for them."
Police are advising young women not to walk alone in the area. If you have any information about this man, you're urged to contact Riverside police at (951) 353-7120.
riverside county, school, inland empire news
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Ukraine police stand down after protest grows 6 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million 25 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 48 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions