Inland Empire News
Arson suspect arrested for Highway 18-area fires in San Bernardino
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- An arson suspect was arrested in San Bernardino, accused of starting five different fires near Highway 18 and Lower Waterman Canyon.
Authorities received a report of a fire at about 2:45 p.m. Thursday. When crews arrived, they found five different spots burning in the area.
Police chased the suspect up a mountain slope, but he tumbled down a few hundred feet.
He was then arrested. In all, 5 acres were burned. It took firefighters about 1 1/2 hours to contain everything.
Investigators will continue to patrol the area to make sure nothing sparks up.
san bernardino county, arson, arrest, inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 56 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 5 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis