Inland Empire News
Off-duty ranger saves neighbor from house fire in Idyllwild
IDYLLWILD, Calif. (KABC) -- An off-duty state park ranger is being called a hero for rescuing his neighbor from a burning home in Idyllwild Sunday.
Firefighters say the home, located on the 54400 block of Village View Drive, was fully engulfed in flames around 2:28 a.m.
According to authorities, the ranger went into the burning home, woke up his neighbor, and pulled him out of the house, saving his life.
A total of 25 personnel, including Cal Fire crews responded to the blaze. Firefighters say they lost water pressure at one point, but were able to contain the fire before it could spread.
No injuries were reported.
fire, riverside county, inland empire news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 52 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 11 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 9 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled 26 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 16 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 49 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable 59 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)