Inland Empire News
Off-duty ranger saves neighbor from house fire in Idyllwild
IDYLLWILD, Calif. (KABC) -- An off-duty state park ranger is being called a hero for rescuing his neighbor from a burning home in Idyllwild Sunday.
Firefighters say the home, located on the 54400 block of Village View Drive, was fully engulfed in flames around 2:28 a.m.
According to authorities, the ranger went into the burning home, woke up his neighbor, and pulled him out of the house, saving his life.
A total of 25 personnel, including Cal Fire crews responded to the blaze. Firefighters say they lost water pressure at one point, but were able to contain the fire before it could spread.
No injuries were reported.
fire, riverside county, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months