Inland Empire News
UC Riverside crime task force to give report
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- There's a new push to help students feel safe on the campus of University of California Riverside following a spike of crime in the area.
A task force of students, faculty, campus police and city officials was created in February to make people feel more comfortable on campus.
The group is expected to give an update on their progress at a town hall meeting on Thursday.
The meeting comes after several armed robberies were reported earlier this year near campus. Shortly after the robberies, the university stepped up patrols and sent out an email alerting students.
robbery, riverside county, school, inland empire news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Cool Kid dreams of a better world
38 min ago