Inland Empire News
Hemet high school vice principal facing sex charges involving 3 students
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A 45-year-old Hemet high school vice principal is facing charges of sexual contact with three underage male students.
Erin Henton, the assistant principal at Tahquitz High School, is facing seven counts of unlawful sex with a minor, four counts of oral copulation and one count sending harmful or inappropriate material to a minor electronically. If convicted of all counts, she faces up to 10 years in prison.
"It was brought to our attention back on March 8 by the school," said Lt. Duane Wisehart of the Hemet Police Department. "I believe it was originally divulged to the school from a parent of one of the students."
Henton was placed on administrative leave in March. She was arrested at her home Wednesday.
Police said Henton carried on a sexual relationship with as many as three male students over the course of several months. Investigators said they believe the acts did not take place on the school campus.
Henton was booked into the Hemet Jail and was being held on $1 million bail. She's scheduled for arraignment Friday.
arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
58 min ago