Inland Empire News
Hemet high school vice principal facing sex charges involving 3 students
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A 45-year-old Hemet high school vice principal is facing charges of sexual contact with three underage male students.
Erin Henton, the assistant principal at Tahquitz High School, is facing seven counts of unlawful sex with a minor, four counts of oral copulation and one count sending harmful or inappropriate material to a minor electronically. If convicted of all counts, she faces up to 10 years in prison.
"It was brought to our attention back on March 8 by the school," said Lt. Duane Wisehart of the Hemet Police Department. "I believe it was originally divulged to the school from a parent of one of the students."
Henton was placed on administrative leave in March. She was arrested at her home Wednesday.
Police said Henton carried on a sexual relationship with as many as three male students over the course of several months. Investigators said they believe the acts did not take place on the school campus.
Henton was booked into the Hemet Jail and was being held on $1 million bail. She's scheduled for arraignment Friday.
arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 7 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts