Inland Empire News
Suspect arrested in IE home invasion, murder of elderly woman
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect has been arrested in connection to the 2012 home invasion and murder of a 76-year-old woman in San Bernardino.
Jerome Anthony Rogers, 57, was arrested Friday afternoon in the 300 block of West 48th Street in San Bernardino. Authorities continue to look for other suspects in the crime.
The victim, 76-year-old Mary Beth Blaskey, was found dead by her son November 14 in her San Bernardino home on the 3000 block of North Fremontia Drive. Police believe she was killed during the home invasion and say the suspect or suspects took some of Blaskey's possessions before taking off in her car.
Police say Rogers' DNA was already in the state database because he's a registered sex offender. San Bernardino Police Chief Rob Handy says there was evidence of a sexual crime at the murder scene, but he would not go into detail.
A neighbor told Eyewitness News in November that Blaskey's home had been broken into a month prior to the deadly encounter, in addition to two other times over the last couple years.
Police won't say if Rogers is linked to the murders of two other San Bernardino women, 86-year-old Wanda Paulin and 90-year-old Josephine Kelly. Their cases are similar to the Blaskey case.
Police are still asking for the public's help in all three cases. Anyone with information is asked to call the San Bernardino Police Department at (909) 384-5656.
murder, inland empire news
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 18 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 44 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 9 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...