Inland Empire News
Backyard shooting in Jurupa Valley injures 1
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Jurupa Valley man was arrested leaving the scene of a shooting on the 10000 block of 54th Street in Jurupa Valley early Sunday morning.
Jurupa Valley sheriff's deputies received a report of a gunshot victim at the location at 2:06 a.m. Sunday.
Deputies heard several shots in the area just prior to the call, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. Deputies arrived at the location and saw a man leaving the back yard. An adult male was found with gunshot wounds in the yard.
Jurupa Valley resident Gillermo Garcia, 49, was arrested for attempted murder. A weapon was recovered at the scene.
The victim was hospitalized in stable condition.
The investigation was ongoing. Anyone with information about this incident should contact the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (951) 955-2600.
arrest, shooting, inland empire news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 2 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search 16 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall 47 min ago
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting 41 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says