Inland Empire News
Driver flees after hitting pedestrian in Riverside
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for a hit-and-run driver who struck and seriously injured a woman as she walked on the shoulder of a Riverside street.
The incident happened around 6:35 a.m. Monday. Investigators said the woman was walking southbound on the shoulder of Marshall Street, south of Fisher Street, when the driver of a white vehicle swerved onto the dirt and hit her.
According to officials, the vehicle is missing its right front mirror.
The woman sustained major injuries and was taken to Riverside County Regional Medical Center. Her condition was not immediately known.
Anyone with information about the hit-and-run was asked to call authorities at (951) 637-8000.
hit and run, inland empire news
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 1 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 25 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...