Inland Empire News
3 arrested in murder of elderly San Bernardino woman
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- There's a major break in the murder of a 90-year-old San Bernardino woman: Police say after working on the case for nearly eight years they have several arrests.
Detectives announced three arrests in the 2005 killing of 90-year-old Josephine Kelley Wednesday.
Investigators say Kelley was home when the suspects broke into her house in broad daylight.
The suspects are: 32-year-old Sherry Ann Beck; 28-year-old Kiesha Renee Smith; and 28-year-old Michael Mitchell Jr. All three were arrested Tuesday night.
Police say they got the break they needed after the city offered a $10,000 reward for information in three murder cases of elderly people in San Bernardino.
Investigators aren't saying whether these suspects are connected to the other case, but they do believe there is an extensive burglary ring in the area and there may still be other suspects out there.
Anyone with information related to the case is asked to call the San Bernardino Police Department at (909) 384-5656.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story reported suspect Sherry Ann Beck's age as 28.
murder, homicide investigation, arrest, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 45 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 29 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour