Inland Empire News
Man shoots dancer, self at Spearmint Rhino
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Police responded to a report of a shooting at strip club in Rialto Wednesday at 7:20 p.m.
Officers entered the Spearmint Rhino Club at 312 S. Riverside Avenue in Rialto and found two shot.
Police said a customer reportedly wanted a relationship with a dancer. The dancer did not respond to the man's advances. The man then reportedly shot the woman.
The man, in his 40s, then fatally shot himself, according to police. The man was reportedly a regular customer at the club, and police said the woman was his favorite dancer.
The woman, in her 20s, was hospitalized at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in critical condition. She was in stable condition Thursday. She was interviewed by police on Thursday.
Approximately 20 people were inside the location during the incident, which took place in a private dance area.
No one else was injured.
Police said the club does not screen for weapons. Security guards were posted at the location when the shooting happened.
homicide investigation, shooting, inland empire news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 16 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 59 min ago
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 29 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter