Inland Empire News
Raceway crash in Desert Center kills woman
INDIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was killed Sunday in a crash at a raceway in Desert Center, east of Indio.
The 21-year-old was a passenger in a car that hit a concrete barrier at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway.
The driver was airlifted to the hospital with major injuries. That person's condition was not immediately known.
Authorities say the crash happened during a recreational ride that was not part of a sanctioned race. The raceway opened in 2010.
car crash, riverside county, inland empire news
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film