Inland Empire News
Corona double shooting suspect surrenders to police; motive still mystery
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police have made an arrest in connection to a double shooting at a Corona home that left a woman dead and a man injured.
The suspect surrendered to police late Saturday night.
Officers responding to calls of a possible shooting found the two victims inside a home in the 800 block of Railroad Street shortly before 4:30 p.m.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The man was transported to an area hospital in stable condition.
A neighbor says he was watching the Clippers game Saturday on TV when he heard a loud pop. He initially thought the sound was from kids' fireworks, but soon realized the situation was serious when officers swarmed the area.
Police have not released the identities of the victims. So far, there was no word on a motive.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Corona Police Department at (951) 817-5837.
shooting, homicide investigation, riverside county, arrest, inland empire news
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 8 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 43 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside 53 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler