Inland Empire News
Fontana construction worker survives after granite collapses on him
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A construction worker in Fontana escaped death after several tons of granite collapsed on him inside a shipping container.
The 20-year-old worker was loading the granite when two pallets broke, and heavy slabs came crashing down, trapping his legs but missing his chest.
Firefighters used air bags to stabilize the granite. They also cut a hole in the rear of the container and brought the man out.
He was conscious and alert, and was airlifted to a hospital for treatment of leg injuries.
Investigators say the man was unloading the truck on ground that was not level.
san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians