Inland Empire News
Corrections officer shot while pumping gas in Colton
COLTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A corrections officer is in unknown condition after he was shot while pumping gas in Colton Thursday night.
The shooting happened at 8:35 p.m. in the 2700 block of Iowa Avenue near the 215 Freeway, Colton police said. The officer was approached by four suspects, who opened fire and fled.
At least one of the suspects was apprehended at a Burger King in Riverside after a large crime broadcast was issued all over the Inland Empire.
It is unclear if the officer was on or off duty at the time of the shooting. The officer has not been identified.
An investigation is ongoing.
san bernardino county, shooting, inland empire news, rudabeh shahbazi
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report