Inland Empire News
Summit Fire in Banning: Firefighters gaining upper hand; evacuations lifted
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters are making headway as they battle the Summit Fire in Banning In Riverside County.
As of 10 p.m. Friday, the blaze was 75 percent contained.
Firefighters have made good progress building a containment line.
Since flames broke out around midday Wednesday, nearly 3,000 acres have burned. Two firefighters suffered minor injuries and one home was destroyed.
All evacuations for that area have been lifted.
fire, brush fire, inland empire news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
1 min ago