Inland Empire News
Colton corrections officer shot: 2 arrested; officer in critical condition
COLTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Two suspects were arrested for shooting a corrections officer as he was pumping gas in Colton in San Bernardino County.
The shooting happened at 8:35 p.m. in the 2700 block of Iowa Avenue near the 215 Freeway, Colton police said. The officer was approached by the suspects, who opened fire and fled.
Christopher Marquez, 24, and Anthony Gomez, 31, both of Riverside, were booked for attempted homicide. Their bail was set at $1,000,000.
Both suspects are scheduled to appear in a San Bernardino courtroom on Tuesday afternoon.
The officer, whose name has not been released, is in critical condition.
Police originally said there were four suspects, but they now believe only Marquez and Gomez were involved.
san bernardino county, shooting, arrest, inland empire news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 32 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 5 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 11 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 13 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks