Inland Empire News
Summit Fire in Banning is fully contained
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- The Summit Fire burning near Banning was fully contained at 1,366 acres, fire officials said Saturday.
This fire has claimed one home.
Two people were injured, but there was no word on if the injured individuals were firefighters or residents of the home that burned down. All evacuations in the area have been lifted.
FEMA is now considering the Summit Fire a major disaster. The federal government will cover about 75 percent of firefighting costs.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.</p
fire, brush fire, inland empire news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 29 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis