Inland Empire News
Summit Fire in Banning is fully contained
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- The Summit Fire burning near Banning was fully contained at 1,366 acres, fire officials said Saturday.
This fire has claimed one home.
Two people were injured, but there was no word on if the injured individuals were firefighters or residents of the home that burned down. All evacuations in the area have been lifted.
FEMA is now considering the Summit Fire a major disaster. The federal government will cover about 75 percent of firefighting costs.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.</p
fire, brush fire, inland empire news
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 2 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks