Inland Empire News
Summit Fire in Banning is fully contained
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- The Summit Fire burning near Banning was fully contained at 1,366 acres, fire officials said Saturday.
This fire has claimed one home.
Two people were injured, but there was no word on if the injured individuals were firefighters or residents of the home that burned down. All evacuations in the area have been lifted.
FEMA is now considering the Summit Fire a major disaster. The federal government will cover about 75 percent of firefighting costs.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.</p
fire, brush fire, inland empire news
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 22 min ago
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)