Inland Empire News
Fire rages in Fontana pallet yard
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An explosion that ripped through a pallet yard in Fontana on Saturday trigged a massive fire, sending plumes of smoke into the air that could be seen for miles.
Firefighters were battling several pallets piled up and ablaze on the property in the 8300 block of Sultana Avenue. The business is located in an industrial area.
Fire officials said multiple propane tanks exploded on the property. The fire broke out around 3:25 p.m.
One firefighter sustained a heat-related injury and was transported to the hospital.
The cause of the explosion was under investigation.
Fire officials said the burned pallets will likely smolder for a few more days.
fire, inland empire news
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 41 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 54 min ago
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment 26 min ago
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders 5 min ago
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut 23 min ago
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Doonya offers Bollywood-inspired workout
38 min ago