Inland Empire News
Police impersonator halts school bus in Redlands
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for a police impersonator who pulled over a school bus in Redlands Friday.
The driver of a Redlands Unified School District bus was exiting Interstate 10 at University Street and approaching Citrus Avenue at about 2:40 p.m. when she was pulled over by a silver sedan. The vehicle displayed blue and red flashing lights through the windshield.
The suspect approached the bus driver, identified himself as a police officer and showed the driver a gold, star-shaped badge.
The suspect jumped in his vehicle and drove away when the bus driver said she was calling California Highway Patrol.
The suspect was described as a white male between the ages of 30 to 35 years old, standing around 6 feet tall with a thin build and short, reddish brown hair. He was last seen wearing a light blue, button up long sleeve shirt and tan pants.
The driver told police the suspect had an identification card clipped to his shirt with the word "investigator" written in red.
His vehicle was described as a silver, newer model 4-door sedan, possibly a Chevrolet or Ford, with flashing red and blue lights under the rearview mirror.
Authorities said they have no idea what the suspect's intentions were.
"Can't even begin to surmise at this point what the purpose of this was. There were no children on the bus. The bus was occupied only by the driver," said Carl Baker with the Redlands Police Department.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information was asked to contact Redlands police at (909) 798-7681.
san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 49 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 19 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
4 min ago