Inland Empire News
Victorville ATM murder: 4 arrests in fatal shooting outside Wells Fargo
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- Seven months after a fatal shooting outside a Well Fargo bank in Victorville, police made four arrests on Tuesday.
Authorities responded the area of Hesperia Road near Silica Road just before 4 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 7 and found a man who had been shot while inside his Chevy pickup truck. Detectives believe the victim, identified as 56-year-old Duane Lee Murley, went to the ATM at the bank and was then confronted by one or more robbery suspects.
The victim was shot in his truck, which traveled a short distance and came to rest in the parking lot. Murley was pronounced dead at the scene.
On Tuesday, investigators served search warrants at two locations in Victorville and arrested Ronell Frederick Bolden, 21; Phillip Tracey Peterson Jr., 18; and Lashawn Renaee Hay, 45. A fourth suspect, 47-year-old Valerie Wildman, was also arrested later that day. All the suspects are Victorville residents.
The four remain in custody and are scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday in Victorville Superior Court.
homicide investigation, murder, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)