Inland Empire News
Ontario standoff suspect turns gun on himself
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A tense standoff between SWAT officers and an armed man in Ontario came to an end Friday after the suspect allegedly turned the gun on himself.
The incident took place on Benson Avenue near G Street, right on the border of Ontario and Montclair. It started shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday when police received reports of shots fired from the 1500 block of West H Street.
Investigators say there was a dispute between two neighbors on H Street, where the suspect opened fire on his neighbor. The man then holed up in his house and refused police instructions to surrender. The suspect's neighbor was not injured.
SWAT officials evacuated nearby houses and surrounded the suspect's home. After several hours, officers entered the house and found the suspect dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The identity of the suspect was not immediately released. He was only described as a 40-year-old Ontario resident.
The motive for the initial shooting and the reason the suspect took his own life has not yet been determined.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Ontario Police Department at (909) 986-6711.
standoff, san bernardino county, inland empire news, melissa macbride
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy 10 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver 5 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film