Inland Empire News
30 dogs, cat left in abandoned Jurupa Valley house
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Dozens of dogs and one cat were found inside a rental home Thursday morning after the tenants had been evicted. Now Animal Control wants to find them all good homes.
They are mostly Chihuahua mixes, all in need of a bath and care. Despite their appearance, Animal Control officials say they're surprisingly well-behaved.
"If and when we're able to adopt them out they might be actually suitable for people's homes and that's a good thing," said John Welsh, Riverside County Animal Services.
Veterinary technicians at the Riverside County Animal Shelter spent the morning examining all 30 dogs. They were all were found inside a small Jurupa Valley home locked up in the kitchen with no way out.
"Every morning, there were barking. I don't know how many but I heard 20 or more," said neighbor Octavio Hernandez.
The animals were discovered by a contractor hired to clean out the home after the renters had been evicted.
Animal Control Services removed the dogs and one cat this morning.
The dogs will be housed at the animal shelter for the next 10 days. If nobody claims them they'll be put up for adoption.
animal news, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Boston Marathon runners show resilience 9 min ago
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill
- Viewing to be held for LA police officer 21 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
53 min ago