Inland Empire News
Riverside man dies after being crushed by cows at Ontario dairy farm
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside man is dead after being crushed by cows at a dairy farm in Ontario over the weekend.
The San Bernardino County Coroner's office says Winston Perez, 28, was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton where he underwent surgery for severe internal injuries, but died at 4:36 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators say Perez was moving the cows into a stall in the morning when he got caught in between a gate and a fence and was crushed by the animals. Sheriff's dispatchers say they received a call about the accident shortly after 5 a.m.
Authorities have not released the name of the farm or other details on the circumstances of Perez's death.
The Associated Press and City News Service contributed to this report.
accident, animal news, riverside county, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark 15 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
35 min ago
- Pet of the Week: Beagle mix named Noelle
32 min ago