Inland Empire News
Riverside man dies after being crushed by cows at Ontario dairy farm
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside man is dead after being crushed by cows at a dairy farm in Ontario over the weekend.
The San Bernardino County Coroner's office says Winston Perez, 28, was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton where he underwent surgery for severe internal injuries, but died at 4:36 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators say Perez was moving the cows into a stall in the morning when he got caught in between a gate and a fence and was crushed by the animals. Sheriff's dispatchers say they received a call about the accident shortly after 5 a.m.
Authorities have not released the name of the farm or other details on the circumstances of Perez's death.
The Associated Press and City News Service contributed to this report.
accident, animal news, riverside county, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen 47 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 33 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 7 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour