Inland Empire News
Riverside man dies after being crushed by cows at Ontario dairy farm
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside man is dead after being crushed by cows at a dairy farm in Ontario over the weekend.
The San Bernardino County Coroner's office says Winston Perez, 28, was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton where he underwent surgery for severe internal injuries, but died at 4:36 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators say Perez was moving the cows into a stall in the morning when he got caught in between a gate and a fence and was crushed by the animals. Sheriff's dispatchers say they received a call about the accident shortly after 5 a.m.
Authorities have not released the name of the farm or other details on the circumstances of Perez's death.
The Associated Press and City News Service contributed to this report.
accident, animal news, riverside county, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 31 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 31 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 4 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry