Inland Empire News
Ontario man arrested for attempted murder of baby
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old Ontario man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of attempted murder of a child.
Police and paramedics were called to a residence on the 800 block of West J Street in Ontario by a report of a child not breathing at about 9:19 a.m. Tuesday.
CPR was performed on the 7-month-old baby boy, who was then hospitalized with life-threatening injuries. Medical personnel noted injuries consistent with possible child abuse, Ontario Police said Wednesday.
Ontario resident Ryan Anthony Garcia, 21, and his girlfriend were babysitting for the child's mother, police said. The girlfriend called 911 when the baby stopped breathing.
Detectives determined Garcia became upset with the child and inflicted severe injuries on the baby, causing the child to stop breathing.
Garcia was arrested for attempted murder and booked at West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga.
Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact Detective Jeff Wentz at (909) 395-2715.
arrest, child abuse, inland empire news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 34 min ago
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash 16 min ago
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role