Inland Empire News
Ontario man arrested for attempted murder of baby
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old Ontario man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of attempted murder of a child.
Police and paramedics were called to a residence on the 800 block of West J Street in Ontario by a report of a child not breathing at about 9:19 a.m. Tuesday.
CPR was performed on the 7-month-old baby boy, who was then hospitalized with life-threatening injuries. Medical personnel noted injuries consistent with possible child abuse, Ontario Police said Wednesday.
Ontario resident Ryan Anthony Garcia, 21, and his girlfriend were babysitting for the child's mother, police said. The girlfriend called 911 when the baby stopped breathing.
Detectives determined Garcia became upset with the child and inflicted severe injuries on the baby, causing the child to stop breathing.
Garcia was arrested for attempted murder and booked at West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga.
Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact Detective Jeff Wentz at (909) 395-2715.
arrest, child abuse, inland empire news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline 39 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians