Inland Empire News
Ontario man arrested for attempted murder of baby
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old Ontario man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of attempted murder of a child.
Police and paramedics were called to a residence on the 800 block of West J Street in Ontario by a report of a child not breathing at about 9:19 a.m. Tuesday.
CPR was performed on the 7-month-old baby boy, who was then hospitalized with life-threatening injuries. Medical personnel noted injuries consistent with possible child abuse, Ontario Police said Wednesday.
Ontario resident Ryan Anthony Garcia, 21, and his girlfriend were babysitting for the child's mother, police said. The girlfriend called 911 when the baby stopped breathing.
Detectives determined Garcia became upset with the child and inflicted severe injuries on the baby, causing the child to stop breathing.
Garcia was arrested for attempted murder and booked at West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga.
Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact Detective Jeff Wentz at (909) 395-2715.
arrest, child abuse, inland empire news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds