Inland Empire News
Corona burglary suspect killed family dog; 5 homes targeted in 2 days
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Residents in a Corona neighborhood are on alert after an armed man broke into five homes in the last two days.
Police say they want to stop the man before he strikes again. In one case, the burglar even shot and killed a family dog.
One homeowner managed to see his face, helping police put together a composite sketch.
All of the burglaries so far happened within a quarter-mile of each other in the area of Promenade Avenue between Buchanan and McKinley avenues.
"We are considering the suspect dangerous, obviously. Anybody that knocks on the door during the day that you don't recognize, don't answer the door. Keep the doors locked. Give us a call," said Sgt. Kim Velasco with Corona police.
Police describe the suspect as either black or Hispanic and between 17 and 20 years old. He was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt.
If you spot the suspect, please call Corona police.
riverside county, burglary, inland empire news
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 6 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians