Inland Empire News
Corona burglary suspect killed family dog; 5 homes targeted in 2 days
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Residents in a Corona neighborhood are on alert after an armed man broke into five homes in the last two days.
Police say they want to stop the man before he strikes again. In one case, the burglar even shot and killed a family dog.
One homeowner managed to see his face, helping police put together a composite sketch.
All of the burglaries so far happened within a quarter-mile of each other in the area of Promenade Avenue between Buchanan and McKinley avenues.
"We are considering the suspect dangerous, obviously. Anybody that knocks on the door during the day that you don't recognize, don't answer the door. Keep the doors locked. Give us a call," said Sgt. Kim Velasco with Corona police.
Police describe the suspect as either black or Hispanic and between 17 and 20 years old. He was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt.
If you spot the suspect, please call Corona police.
riverside county, burglary, inland empire news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 30 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 4 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
22 min ago