Inland Empire News
Corona teacher arrested for alleged sex with students
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A female teacher has been arrested following accusations of having sexual contact with teenagers on school grounds.
Staff at Centennial High School in Corona notified police Tuesday to a possible inappropriate relationship between Summer Michelle Hansen, 31, and a now former student, after the student came forward.
Hansen was arrested Thursday on multiple counts of engaging in unlawful sex with a minor and oral copulation of a minor. District officials say Hansen has been placed on leave.
"All teachers undergo a thorough background check prior to employment, including clearance from the FBI and Department of Justice," Tom Pike, assistant superintendent at Corona-Norco School District, said in a statement.
Corona police have identified multiple alleged victims under the age of 18 during the course of their investigation, but police believe there may be others. Police are asking the parents of any male students at Centennial High School to talk to them about any contact they may have had with Hansen.
No bail is currently set for Hansen.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact Corona police at (951) 279-3659.
riverside county, arrest, school, sex crimes, inland empire news, amy powell
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 30 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom 35 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)