Inland Empire News
24-year-old man accused of infant abuse in San Jacinto
SAN JACINTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 24-year-old man has been arrested, accused of injuring an 8-month-old boy in San Jacinto in Riverside County.
Authorities first received an allegation of child abuse on Thursday after staff at a medical center reported that they treated a baby who had serious bodily injuries.
"A mother had brought her 8-month-old son in with unexplained injuries," said Sgt. Lisa McConnell of the Ventura County Sheriff's Department.
The investigation led officers to Washington Family Child Care, a licensed daycare facility on the 1100 block of Lee Ann Circle. Tyreece Washington was arrested Monday for felony child abuse.
Police say Washington's mother runs Washington Family Child Care out of her home, and the 8-month-old was an infant she was looking after. Neighbors were shocked to hear the news about the arrest.
"All I do know for a fact is that he's a good, well-mannered young man," said neighbor Mark Meijer.
Washington is being held at the Larry Smith Correctional Facility on $42,000 bail.
The Department of Social Services is investigating. Details about the infant's injuries were not yet known, but officials said he is expected to make a full recovery.
riverside county, arrest, child abuse, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour