Inland Empire News
Cross-dresser arrested for hitting security guard with car
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man believed to have entered women's dormitories at Loma Linda University while dressed as a woman was arrested Friday on suspicion of assault, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Rodney Kenneth Petersen, 46, entered the dorms in women's clothing around 2:30 p.m. on June 4, according to the department. He unsuccessfully tried to access several student-only areas before staff members confronted him, causing him to leave the building.
Petersen was approached by Loma Linda security personnel in the parking lot, sheriff's said, but he managed to get in his car and drive away. As he fled, he hit a security guard with his car.
Sheriff's said the guard suffered only minor injuries.
An investigation found that Petersen had dressed as a woman and entered other women-only areas in Rancho Cucamonga and Yucaipa, according to sheriff's officials. He allegedly attempted to take pictures of women with a cellphone hidden in his purse.
Petersen was arrested at his Corona home last week and booked at the Central Detention Center in San Bernardino for assault with a deadly weapon, sheriff's said. He was released from custody on Saturday after he posted $50,000 bail.
Anyone with information about the investigation is asked to call San Bernardino Sheriff's Department at (909) 884-0156. Those wishing to remain anonymous can call (800) 782-7463.
arrest, inland empire news
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms 9 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate