Inland Empire News
Hemet chase suspect shot, killed by police
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in Hemet was killed after leading officers on a brief pursuit. Officers shot him at the intersection of Mayberry Avenue and San Jacinto Street.
The shooting happened Wednesday shortly after 3 p.m. when the suspect got out of his car on Mayberry Avenue. It's unclear if the man had a weapon or whether he fired at officers.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers say the pursuit began when they tried to pull the driver over for a traffic violation on Acacia Avenue, east of Yale Street.
riverside county, officer-involved shooting, pursuit, car chase, inland empire news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace' 49 min ago
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate