Inland Empire News
Hemet chase suspect shot, killed by police
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in Hemet was killed after leading officers on a brief pursuit. Officers shot him at the intersection of Mayberry Avenue and San Jacinto Street.
The shooting happened Wednesday shortly after 3 p.m. when the suspect got out of his car on Mayberry Avenue. It's unclear if the man had a weapon or whether he fired at officers.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers say the pursuit began when they tried to pull the driver over for a traffic violation on Acacia Avenue, east of Yale Street.
riverside county, officer-involved shooting, pursuit, car chase, inland empire news
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity 6 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Malaysian: Investigators conclude flight hijacked 2 min ago
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
7 min ago
- Callie's Cause: Paddle, run to fight epilepsy
28 min ago