Inland Empire News
Hemet chase suspect shot, killed by police
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in Hemet was killed after leading officers on a brief pursuit. Officers shot him at the intersection of Mayberry Avenue and San Jacinto Street.
The shooting happened Wednesday shortly after 3 p.m. when the suspect got out of his car on Mayberry Avenue. It's unclear if the man had a weapon or whether he fired at officers.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers say the pursuit began when they tried to pull the driver over for a traffic violation on Acacia Avenue, east of Yale Street.
riverside county, officer-involved shooting, pursuit, car chase, inland empire news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 3 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video