Inland Empire News
Hemet chase suspect shot, killed by police
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in Hemet was killed after leading officers on a brief pursuit. Officers shot him at the intersection of Mayberry Avenue and San Jacinto Street.
The shooting happened Wednesday shortly after 3 p.m. when the suspect got out of his car on Mayberry Avenue. It's unclear if the man had a weapon or whether he fired at officers.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers say the pursuit began when they tried to pull the driver over for a traffic violation on Acacia Avenue, east of Yale Street.
riverside county, officer-involved shooting, pursuit, car chase, inland empire news
- Moorpark High on lockdown after threat made 4 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped 29 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 52 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'